Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make a reservation?
You may reserve your property online 24/7 or by calling our office at 800-671-5155 during business hours. We are in the office Monday–Friday 8:30 AM–5:30 PM EST, Saturday 9:00 AM–5:00 PM EST and Sundays from 10:00 AM–4:00 PM EST.
I just reserved my vacation home, now what?
The next step is to return your rental agreement within 7-10 business days. Once we have your agreement and your final payment, we will prepare your arrival packet to be mailed. You should receive your arrival packet within 3 weeks of your arrival.
Do you offer travel insurance?
You should also discuss the need for travel insurance with all members of your traveling party. This optional insurance will protect your vacation investment if you need to cancel your trip. Travel insurance also provides coverage for incidents that happen during your trip. To learn more about travel insurance, please take a look at this webpage.
Does Beach Properties offer Pet Friendly properties?
We do have a limited number of “Pet Friendly” accommodations. Please call one of our Vacation Planners today for specifics on bringing your pet. Note: If you bring your pet to the property without permission, you will be asked to leave without a refund. Additionally, there is a minimum cleaning fee of $300.
Does our home or villa include bikes, baby and beach necessities?
Our properties do not come with bikes, baby, or beach necessities; however they are all available to rent through our preferred vendors and you will receive a discount. To see the Advantage Discount Card Program vendors, please click here.
What are the vacation amenities?
- Express check-in and check-out Once your full payment and signed Rental Agreement is received you will receive your keys or key code by mail and email. You will also receive directions to your rental property, maps and Island information prior to your arrival. There is no need to stop by our office!
- Bed Linens, including sleeper sofa linens when applicable.
- Bath Towels 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, and 2 washcloths are provided for each guest.
- Departure Clean
- Free Wireless Internet Service
- Free Nationwide Long Distance excludes Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico & Canada.
- Advantage Discount Card offers discounts for golf, restaurants, shopping, bike, beach and baby rentals, water sports and much more. The Preferred Guest card will be in your arrival packet.
- Kitchen/Laundry 2 dish towels, pot holders, single use of dishwasher and laundry detergent, 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, roll of paper towel, box of facial tissue and bar of soap for each sink and a starter supply of kitchen trash bags.
- Luxury Amenity Package Includes (1) morning coffee service, filters, sugar, and powdered creamer; Cava bath products in each bathroom and much more!
Are golf privileges included in our rental?
Beach Properties offers access to many popular Hilton Head golf courses. To learn more about golf on Hilton Head Island, and see the discounts available as our guest, please click here.
Are there tennis privileges that are included in our rental?
A variety of properties offer 1 hour per day of FREE tennis. This will be noted on the specific property’s page. You can search for the properties that include tennis by selecting that option when searching for available rentals
You do have the option of purchasing court time from one of many tennis centers or using one of the public courts located on Island. To see more information regarding tennis, please click here.
Will you send me a reminder of when my last payment is going to be charged?
Yes, you will receive a reminder e-mail 6 weeks prior to arrival that we will be charging the card that we have on file for you. Your final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival (45 days prior for monthly reservations). Please contact us if you need to make other payment arrangements prior to the due date.
What is included in the arrival packet?
The arrival packet consists of your key or a code to enter the property, car passes (if applicable), a map to the property, and a few other pieces of information to help with planning your vacation.
Do you need car passes to enter the gated communities?
When staying in Sea Pines or Palmetto Dunes, a taxable $15 fee will be charged for each car pass requested. A car pass is required for each 7 day stay. The number of car passes issued is limited to the number of bedrooms for the property. Some properties have limited parking spaces available. Monthly reservations are limited to 2 passes per week. Additional fee will be charged if duplicate passes have to be provided.
When can I check in?
Check in time is 4:00 PM. Beach Properties has an Express Check-In Package that is emailed and/or mailed to you once your rental agreement is signed and returned and your balance is paid in full.
Where do we go to check in?
No waiting in line to check-in...you can go directly to your accommodation after it has been cleaned and inspected. Our normal check-in time is 4:00 PM, but we cannot guarantee it.
When and how do I check-out?
Departure time is 10AM. We do not have a check-out process but we do ask for your assistance with the following:
- Please start the dishwasher and take out the trash
- Please leave the keys in the accommodation and lock the door behind you. If your property is keyless, just shut the door behind you. Our Inspectors come in after you leave and pick up the keys.
- Please double check that you have everything!
We are arriving to the island early, are we able to get into our property early?
During the Vacation season (June, July, August and Holiday weeks) we cannot accommodate any early check-ins or late check-outs. We recommend that you spend your time getting to know our Island by visiting the Coastal Discovery Museum, stopping off at the Tanger Outlet Centers in Bluffton, or strolling around the many shopping areas on the Island. We do not recommend that you purchase perishable items before arrival.
I made my reservation at the last minute, and need to pick up my passes and keys.
How do I get to the Beach Properties office?
Are linens and towels provided?
All properties are provided with bed linens and two sets of towels per person. There are also linens for the sofa bed (if applicable) which can be found in the master bedroom closet.
Are there washers and dryers in the properties?
Yes, all properties have washers and dryers. We will supply you with a single load box of detergent as well. After that you will need to purchase more.
Is there any maid service during our stay?
Accommodations will be cleaned prior to check-in and after your departure. Additional maid service during your stay is available upon request for an additional charge. Just call our office at (800) 671-5155 (option 2) to inquire or make arrangements for additional cleaning.
Do we need to wash our linens before we leave?
No, leave the linens on the beds (with bedspreads pulled down) and the towels in the bathrooms. Our cleaning service will replace them.
Do villas and homes have air conditioners?
All homes and villas are equipped with central air conditioning and heating.
Is there an iron and an ironing board?
What do we need to bring?
Here are a few items which we suggest you bring with you: beach towels, beach chairs, hair dryers, condiments, coffee filters, groceries and garbage bags. Please do not purchase perishable items before entering your accommodation.
What is included in the villa/home?
All of our properties are fully equipped including coffee pot, toaster, dishes, pots and pans as well as blender. Kitchens have adequate dishes and cooking utensils for the property’s maximum occupancy. We provide a starter supply of toilet paper, bath soap, dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, paper towels and facial tissue.
Where do we put the trash?
In high-rise condo properties there is a trash chute typically located in the common hallway. In homes there is a designated trash area. Trash cans do not have to be taken to the street. Please use a trash can liner and tightly place the lid on the can.
Are the homes and villas non-smoking?
Yes, all of our properties are non-smoking.
Does the rental property include internet and phone?
All properties are equipped with wireless internet and a phone. During your stay you may make calls nationwide at no charge. For calls to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Canada, please use a cell phone, calling card or credit card. Instructions are posted in each property for gaining access to the Wireless Internet, and there is no additional charge.
Are we able to bring a trailer to our rental property?
The communities on Hilton Head Island have ordinances and restrictions that all guests of Beach Properties must adhere to.
- Trailers, U-hauls, Motor Homes, Motorcycles and/or commercial or recreational vehicles are prohibited in the Plantations on Hilton Head Island and the Sea Crest Resort.
- NO watercraft trailers (boats, jet skis, etc.) are allowed into Forest Beach complexes, Palmetto Dunes or Sea Pines without prior arrangements for dry dock and/or boat slip.
- Parking is not allowed on the streets.
- The parking garages at many of the villa complexes do have vehicle height restrictions. Please check with your Vacation Planner for further information.
All properties will have additional helpful information regarding your rental property and Hilton Head Island. If you have any specific questions, please call our office at 1-800-671-5155.