Sea Pines and the South Beach Area
Sea Pines, the island’s original planned community, continues to offer world-class activities for the entire family. Located on the island’s southern end, Sea Pines created the now famous “Hilton Head look” by artfully maintaining a delicate balance between nature and man. With three championship golf courses, five miles of white sandy beaches, a 600 acre forest preserve, and an abundance of tennis courts, swimming pools and bike paths, there is something to please guests of all ages. There are also sensational restaurants, boutique-style shops, live entertainment, and the famed candy-striped lighthouse at the Harbour Town Yacht Basin. Horseback riding is offered by the Equestrian Center and a seasonal Trolley service runs throughout Sea Pines.
Highlights & Features of Sea Pines
- A Private Gated Community
- Dolphin Watching
- Horseback riding and animal petting farm
- 600 acre Nature Preserve offers walking/biking trails, fishing and picnic areas
- Miles of leisure trails throughout the resort for walking, jogging and biking
- Seasonal Trolley Service throughout the Sea Pines Resort
- Shopping and Dining
- Boating, fishing, and crabbing at two different Marinas
- Nightly entertainment in Harbour Town & South Beach Marina (In Peak Season)
- Championship Golf on three golf courses - Harbour Town Golf Links, Heron Point & Ocean Course
- Premier Tennis at The Sea Pines Tennis Center or The South Beach Racquet Club
- Sea Pines Properties with FREE TENNIS | FREE POOL and/or SPA HEAT | PETS WELCOME
- Miles of Beaches
- Sea Pines Beach Club
A popular area within Sea Pines is in South Beach. Located at the very tip of Sea Pines Plantation, South Beach provides a secluded setting offering spectacular water views and memorable sunsets. The full-service marina provides both off-shore and in-shore fishing charters. You can also rent kayaks, jet skis and powerboats or take one of the many dolphin cruises and watch dolphins playing in their own natural habitat. The South Beach Marina Village, with is charming New England style, provides an escape to wander around the many shops or take in a delicious meal at one of the many eateries.
South Beach Vacation Rentals
Most of the Vacation Villas in the South Beach area provide spectacular views of either the Calibogue Sound or Braddock Cove. Click the links below to learn more about the specific amenities and features of those complexes located in the South Beach area.