Beach Properties of Hilton Head Arrival Information
Your Hilton Head Vacation is almost here! We have put together some useful information for your stay with us. Please read below to know what to bring, what to expect, and some tips for having the best family vacation on Hilton Head Island possible!
Check-in time is 4:00 PM -- Check-Out is 10:00 AM
Beach Properties has an express check-in package that will be mailed to you including keys/codes, car passes and directions. We do not have an actual check-in process. You may enter your home after it is cleaned and inspected. Our travel accommodations include a full clean before your arrival.
Home and Villa Information
- All of our properties are non-smoking.
- Accommodations are cleaned and inspected prior to your arrival and after departure.
- All properties are provided with bedding, bath towels and beach towels (8 for homes and 4 for villas) for your use.
- “Starter supply” of toilet paper, bath soap, dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent and paper towels are provided. This supply should last a day or two.
- Washer and dryer, dishwasher, iron and ironing board are in all properties.
- Fully equipped kitchen including coffee maker, Keurig, toaster, pots and pans, microwave and blender. Adequate dishes and cooking utensils for the property’s maximum occupancy.
- Wireless internet, cable TV, DVD, stereo and land line telephone are included.
- Hair dryers, beach chairs, toys, etc. are not provided.
Car Passes in Gated Communities
A car pass is required to enter the gates of Sea Pines, Palmetto Dunes and several resorts in the Forest Beach area. If you are renting in these areas, car passes will be included in your arrival packet and must be displayed on your dashboard as you approach the gate.
***Please remember to bring your keys and/or codes, and passes with you. Additional fees will be charged if duplicate passes have to be provided.
- Parking on streets is prohibited.
- These are residential areas, please be mindful of excessive noise.
- Do not place towels and clothing anywhere on the exterior of your property (railings, hanging out of windows, etc.).
- Stow beach toys and chairs neatly. Do not store these in the hallways or walkways.
- Boats, jet skis and kayaks cannot be stored at rental homes and villas. Marina space or storage must be arranged prior to your arrival.
- Moped, motorcycles, motorized scooters, U-hauls, commercial or recreation vehicles and campers are not allowed.
Thermostats should be set on “auto” NOT “on”. The HVAC equipment will freeze up if set below 72 degrees or operated while the windows or doors are left open. Give the air a few hours to cool down when arriving since inspectors and cleaners have been in and out of your property all day making sure it is ready for your arrival. Please make sure you keep doors and windows closed while the air conditioning is on. Closing blinds during peak sun hours will help in the cooling process.
Most trash chutes in high rise buildings are located near the elevator. Homes and townhomes have a designated area which is serviced multiple times a week. Trash cans should NOT be taken to the street.
Telephone and Internet
Nationwide long distance is provided during your stay at no additional charge. All properties will have Wireless Internet access. Instructions are posted in each property.
Lock all doors and windows when you leave your accommodations. Do not leave money or valuables unattended in the property. Beach Properties of Hilton Head will not be held accountable or liable for any thefts. Please thoroughly check all drawers and closets before departing. We cannot be responsible for items left in the property, in your vehicle or any unattended items at the beach.
During the months of May-August on Hilton Head, female Loggerhead Sea Turtles come ashore to lay their eggs. The young hatch at night from July-October and immediately head for the sea. Artificial lights that shine onto the beach can cause them to migrate towards these lights instead of the ocean. If your indoor lights are visible from the beach, turning them off from May-October is an easy way to help this endangered species. It is against the law to disturb the turtle’s nest or endanger the turtle in any way.
*Fines will be charged if there are light or nest disturbances.
It is against the law to feed alligators. They are generally quiet if left alone, but can move very quickly. DO NOT feed them or let your children play near them.
It is illegal to damage or “tamper” with the sand dunes and its plant life as they provide significant erosion control. Please use appropriate paths to gain beach access.
We have a number of “pup-friendly” accommodations; however you must have this noted in your reservation prior to your arrival, as there is an additional cost. If you bring your pet to the property without permission, you will be asked to leave without a refund.
If you bring or rent bikes, please keep them on rear porches or covered utility areas at private homes. For villas, secure them in the bike racks provided and keep them locked.
Fireworks are not permitted on the beach or anywhere on the island. However, during summer months there are public fireworks displays.
Private pools are cleaned once a week with an additional clean scheduled during the Summer season. In the interim, a skimmer net has been provided. There will be a charge for an extra cleaning. Most pools can be heated, for an additional change, and will be activated 24-48 hours prior to arrival. Hot Tub jets will NOT operate unless payment has been made for heat. Some complex pools are heated seasonally. However, this is at the discretion of the owner’s association and cannot be guaranteed.