21 Jun 2019
If you are traveling to The Palmetto State with your beau and flat out of ideas to sweep them off their feet, then Beach Properties has you covered. Our coastline offers everything from serenity and seduction to excitement and exploration. Don’t just plan a date night, reserve the whole week! Here is our exclusive list of ideas for your romantic getaway to Hilton Head. For more romantic ideas, remember to request your copy of our free 7-Day Hilton Head Island Guide. You'll find handpicked recommendations for upscale restaurants, events, shopping, and more.
10 Ideas for a Romantic Getaway to Hilton Head Island
1. Surprise Your Sweetie at Check-in
If you are looking for a special way to surprise your sweetie after checking into your Hilton Head Island vacation home, you have a few great options in the area. Have a bouquet of flowers delivered to you by Flowers By Sue; you can even include a special message! And, if you have a chocolate lover on your hands, then The Chocolate Canopy is an excellent choice. Choose from chocolate-covered caramels, mint chocolate patties, specialty truffles, and more.
2. Watch the Sunset
If you’re planning a romantic getaway, then the soft, sandy beaches of Hilton Head make perfect sense. There is something inherently romantic about the ocean at sunset, and there are so many places to admire the island’s skies at twilight as they sparkle on the water. One of our favorite places to go is the Harbour Town Lighthouse; the views here are unprecedented! You may even catch a glimpse of dolphins playing in the surf. For more recommendations on our favorite places to enjoy the sunset, remember to request a copy of our free Hilton Head Vacation Guide.
3. Enjoy the Island’s Beautiful Beaches
It’s no secret that beaches of Hilton Head Island are among the most beautiful on the East Coast. Which beach you prefer all depends on what experience you’re searching for. For a resort-style getaway, plan your beach days at Palmetto Dunes or Sea Pines. And, if you are looking for a more intimate experience, then check out Burkes Beach Folly. With fewer crowds than most of the islands’ beaches, Burkes Beach feels like your own private location.
More Ideas for Your Romantic Getaway
4. Toast at Island Winery. Enjoy daily wine tastings, wine by the glass, and cheese platters.
5. Explore the island’s waterways on a sunset cruise or dolphin tour with Outside Hilton Head.
6. Dance the night away with live music at the island’s only beach bar, Tiki Hut.
7. Rent bikes and explore. Hilton Head Island is home to over 12 miles of sandy beaches and 108 miles of paved bike paths! Many beach rental companies on the island will even deliver bicycles and beach supplies to your vacation home before your arrival.
8. Plan a spa day with your sweetie. Exclusive spa discounts are always included with your stay with Beach Properties of Hilton Head.
9. Take a leisurely stroll through maritime forests at the breathtaking, 605-acre Sea Pines Nature Preserve.
10. Plan a day trip to historic Savannah, Georgia. It is only a 45-minute drive away from Hilton Head.
Book Your Oceanfront Home With Beach Properties
When the sun goes down and the shops close, don’t let your romantic getaway stop there. Make the most of your trip with an unforgettable vacation in one of our beautiful oceanfront
When the sun goes down and the shops close, don’t let your romantic getaway stop there. Make the most of your trip with an unforgettable vacation in one of our beautiful oceanfrontvacation rentals. Reserve one of our intimate villas in Villamare at Palmetto Dunes for sweeping views of The Atlantic Ocean. Each of these cozy villas features a private balcony with ocean views and easy access to all the luxuries of Palmetto Dunes Resort. When you are ready to plan your trip, browse our collection of vacation homes and villas. If you need any help finding the perfect vacation property, take advantage of our digital concierge. Submit your preferred travel dates, budget, and desired amenities, and one of our planners will deliver handpicked recommendations for your ideal vacation within the next 24 to 48 hours! Planning your next romantic getaway to Hilton Head couldn’t be easier.