12 Jun 2020
Road trips are a tradition like no other. Pack your bags and hit the road this year. Plan the ultimate Jacksonville to Hilton Head getaway! Drive through beautiful beach towns, historic cities, and make your way to a luxurious beach home on Hilton Head Island. Read on for travel tips concerning your getaway. Then, be sure to check out our complimentary 7-day itinerary for even more help planning your stay on HHI.
Would you like local suggestions on the best things to do on the island?
Your Jacksonville to Hilton Head Getaway
Distance: 170.9 miles | Total Driving Time: 2 hours and 40 minutes Our charming island is home to breathtaking stretches of coastline, a delicious culinary scene, and loads of family-friendly fun. Whether you’re planning to stop and sightsee along the way or simply hoping to head straight to the beach, you’ll be in for a treat.
Must-See Stops Along the Way
We understand that sometimes you just want to get to where you’re going. But if you have the time, we recommend stopping and spending some time in a few of these destinations along the way:
When You Get to Hilton Head Island
Whether you’re planning to be a beach bum the entire time or hoping to get out and explore more of the area, you’re in luck. You’ll find so much to do in and out of the water while you’re in town. Go hiking, kayaking, cycling, turtle-spotting, and more.
- 9 of the Best Walking Trails on Hilton Head Island
- What Are the Best Hilton Head Island Boat Tours?
- 5 Reasons Pedal Hilton Head Island Is the Ultimate Cycling Adventure
- Your Guide to the Most Beautiful Hilton Head Wildlife
Rainy Day Back up Plans
Don’t let the gloomy weather rain on your parade! The summer months tend to bring on a shower or two during the week. Plan ahead and keep a few ideas in your back pocket should the rain clouds show up!
- Shop ‘Til You Drop at 5 of the Best Hilton Head Boutiques
- Relax at One of the Best Spas on Hilton Head
- Touch Your Toes at the Best Hilton Head Yoga Studios
Beach towns are often known for their delicious seafood. Maybe you’re searching for a place with outdoor seating that allows four-legged customers. Perhaps you’re interested in food festivals. Discover some of the best dining options in the area!
- 4 Tail-Waggingly Good Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Hilton Head
- Unwind & Indulge at the Best Daufuskie Island Restaurants
- Why You Need to Attend the Hilton Head Island Seafood Festival
Seasonal Things to Do
Winter, spring, summer, and fall each usher in a diverse array of exciting events and seasonal activities. Regardless of what time of year you visit, you’re bound to have a good time!
- What Are the Best Spring Events on Hilton Head?
- 6 of the Greatest Hilton Head Summer Events & Activities
- 7 Simple Reasons You’ll Love Hilton Head in October
- Our Favorite Things to Do on Hilton Head in the Winter
Stay in Your Own Private Luxury Vacation Rental
Now that you know what you have to look forward to regarding your Jacksonville to Hilton Head getaway, it’s time to decide where you’d like to stay on the island. Our luxurious Beach Properties vacation rentals set the scene for an unforgettable Lowcountry experience. Enjoy high-quality amenities, such as having access to your own private pool. You can even find homes that accommodate your furry family members as well.
Are you ready for the getaway of a lifetime?