8 Sep 2019
While most places in the United States are bundling up with sweaters for fall, Hilton Head welcomes October with warm beach days, food festivals, and beautiful day trips to Savannah. With shorter minimum stays and lower rates for the shoulder season, there isn’t a better time to explore the South Carolina Lowcountry. Read on to learn how to make the most of your fall getaway! Afterward, find more reasons to celebrate in our free Hilton Head Vacation Guide. Get your copy for recommendations on restaurants, water sports, family-friendly attractions, and more so that you can spend less time planning and more time having fun!
7 Reasons to Fall in Love with Hilton Head in October
1. The Weather Is Spectacular
When October arrives in the Lowcountry, it isn’t quite time to pull out your sweater and boots yet. During this time, Hilton Head Island’s weather is pleasantly warm, so you can still enjoy plenty of relaxing days on the beach. You can expect average lows of 57 with highs of 77. Mornings and evenings are ideal for walks on the beach, and days are perfect for lounging with your toes in the sand, reading your favorite book. The ocean water is comfortable with an average temperature of 73 degrees, so take a swim and enjoy it!
2. Let the Good Times Roll with the Island’s Best Events
There are so many ways to celebrate fall in the South Carolina Lowcountry! Whether you’re craving fresh-caught seafood or are looking to dive into our island’s history and culture, these October events have it all.
- The Bluffton Arts and Seafood Festival
- Gullah Food Festival
- The Hilton Head Italian Heritage Festival
- Bluffton Beer Festival
- Hilton Head Jazz Festival
3. Savannah Is Only a Short Drive Away
Historic downtown Savannah is only a 45-minute trip from our island town. The peak season for tourism in Savannah takes place from September through Thanksgiving, but did you know that it isn't uncommon for hotels to charge $500+ per night during this time? Why cramp up in a small hotel room when you could enjoy the luxury of a Hilton Head Island villa for half the price? After a day of exploring the historic city, you’ll love returning to the privacy of an intimate beach bungalow.
More Reasons to Plan an October to Hilton Head
4. Choose from over 40 golf courses in the area to play. Remember to use your Beach Properties Advantage Card for discounted rates on golf.
5. Enjoy free tennis during your resort-style getaway at Palmetto Dunes (select Beach Properties rentals).
6. Fewer crowds mean that you have more freedom to explore the island at a leisurely pace. If you’re visiting in October, take your time to visit historic attractions, like Mitchelville Freedom Park. Remember to get your copy of our vacation guide for more recommendations.
7. You’ll save money! Less expensive flights, shorter minimum stays, and reduced rates add up to a budget-friendly getaway.
Vacation in Luxury This Fall with Beach Properties of Hilton Head
The possibilities for an October getaway to Hilton Head are endless! When you are ready to start planning your next vacation, take a look at our current specials. From cozy one-bedroom villas to luxurious homes in the island’s top resorts, you’ll find a little bit of everything with Beach Properties of Hilton Head.