13 Nov 2020
Planning, shopping, cooking, and keeping the peace is enough to turn anyone’s holiday joy into jitters. If this feeling sounds familiar, Beach Properties is here to lighten your load. Relax and have some fun this year, because you deserve it! Our beautiful homes offer everything you need from large, spacious kitchens for cooking, ample space for the whole family, and breathtaking views for relaxation. Read on to learn how to plan for a stress-free Hilton Head Thanksgiving this year!
Your Guide to the Best Hilton Head Thanksgiving
Part 1: Choose a Unique Pre-Thanksgiving Activity
The excitement of your holiday vacation will undoubtedly have you waking up early! And our island community offers incredible activities to put your energy to good use. Tell us, which type of traveler are you? Whether you’re a history buff, wildlife enthusiast, or adventurer, we have a special recommendation for all our readers.
View our Things-to-Do page for more pre-Thanksgiving activity inspiration.
- For the Historian: Discover Hilton Head’s powerful Gullah history at the Gullah Museum of Hilton Head. Gullah customs, language, art, and stories are only the beginning of what you’ll find.
- For the Wildlife Enthusiast: Explore the vibrant and diverse ecosystems of the Sea Pines Forest Preserve. Great blue herons and snow-shoed egrets are two frequently seen residential birds.
- For the Golfer: Enjoy championship golf with special savings and discounts when you use your Beach Properties Advantage Discount Card.
- For the Day-tripper: Hit the open road for downtown Savannah, Georgia. It’s a lovely road trip that is only 45 minutes away from the island.
- For the Kiddos: Take an unforgettable horseback riding tour at Lawton Stables & Petting Zoo.
Part 2: Choose a Chef-Inspired Kitchen or Celebratory Outing
A Chef-Inspired Kitchen
If holiday cooking is your passion, then a spacious, updated kitchen is a must. Our Hilton Head vacation homes are just the place to find a luxury kitchen that is worthy of a master chef. Here’s just a glimpse of what our vacation homes have in store! If you see one that inspires you, hurry! We don’t want you to miss out on Thanksgiving availability.
Dining Out with Family & Friends
Hilton Head Island is home to hundreds of restaurants, so there’s never a shortage of places to eat! We also offer exclusive savings at preferred guest restaurants through our Advantage Card Program. You’ll find a little bit of everything on our preferred restaurant list, including barbeque, seafood, quick bites, and Southern delights. With that said, here are some of the island’s most popular places for Thanksgiving Day meals.
- Thanksgiving Dinner at Redfish.
Part 3: Get Moving with Post-Turkey Outdoor Activities
We can guarantee that you or someone else will eat more than originally planned. In that event, there’s no reason to sit on the couch feeling miserable! Here are a few ways to get moving after dinner. After all, the weather in November is absolutely beautiful!
- Enjoy an evening walk on the beach. Use our beach guide to find the closest beach access to you.
- Explore miles of biking trails throughout the island. Use our bike trail guide to plan your trip. You’ll even find information on having bike rentals delivered to your home for free.
- Take an evening swim! All of our homes and villas feature either a private pool or access to a pool within the neighborhood community.
- Enjoy a round of free tennis (available in select vacation homes and villas).
Part 4: Black Friday Shopping
If Black Friday shopping is a part of your Thanksgiving tradition, you will feel right at home on Hilton Head Island! Hilton Head Tanger Outlets, Shelter Cove Towne Centre, and Coligny Plaza Shopping Center are a few of our island's go-to places. You can also find a full list of Black Friday shopping recommendations in our free mobile-friendly Hilton Head Vacation Guide.
An Oceanfront Home Is the Finishing Touch
We hope you found some relief from your holiday jitters! There’s only one thing left to do now, and that’s booking your Hilton Head Thanksgiving home. Each of our luxury rentals features a variety of comforting amenities, like private pools, soft terry beach towels, high-speed Wi-fi, luxury linens, and more. If you are ready to save the date, check our Thanksgiving availability today. Happy Thanksgiving from Beach Properties of Hilton Head!